Become HYPOXIC - Careers
Part time Contractor / Apprentice / Intern
Would you like to learn some new, cutting edge skills while earning extra cash? HYPOXIC is looking for a trustworthy, reliable, self-sufficient, individual to take over our day-to-day tasks so we can better serve our customers with developing new products.
HYPOXIC is the #1 source for all things “camera” in the world of freefall and human-flight sports, and the innovations keep coming. We manufacture everything from camera indicators, to camera mounts, switches, ringsights, and even military solutions. With the help of the latest rapid prototyping technology, this extremely nimble company moves from concept to production in the matter of weeks not months.
If you want to learn what it takes to bring a product from idea to production, HYPOXIC is for you!
- Work several hours between 9am-4:30pm daily. Preferably someone with a short commute to the office.
- Dependable, reliable, and willing to work on many projects
- Desire to learn new trades and help innovate current processes
- Ability to think independently, ask questions when unsure, and document procedures during training
- Generic office computer skills (email, spreadsheets, documents, file manipulation, pdfs)
- Great customer relations skills
- Ability to see and the tactile dexterity to handle small parts and assemblies
- Basic power tools usage and mechanical awareness
- Schematic and electronic experience a plus.
Tasks to involve (will train as necessary)
- Customer relations and correspondence
- Light assembly and packaging of finished goods
- Silicone mold making and casting
- Simple invoicing and some bookkeeping (QuickBooks)
- Soldering and building of small electronic assemblies
- Inventory control
- Domestic and International shipping
- Design input and suggestions
Given the right candidate, HYPOXIC will gratefully mentor everything from programming, product design, overseas manufacturing, small business backend, reverse engineering embedded systems, electronics, etc.
Pay ranges from $10-15/hr based upon experience. Wages may increase as skills and experience mature. Contractor will likely work 10-30 hrs per week. Less in the winter, more during summer months.
How to apply
Email resume with a short message about why you’ll be a perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org