How to manually update HYPOXIC's BLU2Pro
This procedure will update your BLU2Pro unit to the latest release. This release will still support all cameras from the GoPro HERO5 up to the new GoPro HERO11 Black/Mini.
A dedicated iOS and Android app will be available shortly, but we wanted to provide early adopters a method to update their unit.
Download the files and choose your smart device OS to continue.
v2.00 HERO11 Support [2022-09-26]
- GoPro HERO11 Black and HERO11 Mini Support
- Faster wake up and more robust connection sequence
- Once the BLU2Pro is connected to the camera, the respective LED will always remain illuminated. It will cycle brightness to save power, but will never go completely off.
Download the four files below on your cellphone or smart device. You will choose the correct files for your BLU2Pro once connected.
You downloaded the bootloader (boot) and the application (app) programs above for the BLU2PRo. We released two different update versions: Standard and Alternative. Alternative units were shipped up to February 2022 and the Standard units shipped from March 2022 until today. The only difference is the way they update.
There is no harm in choosing the wrong file. You can not break your unit by choosing the wrong version.
Which Version, the easy way
If you still have the packaging or have the FCC label on the bottom of your device, take a look at the version on the label. If this says V1.01.00 you will be using the alt updates. You'll use the standard for everything else. We suggest downloading all four files as they are small and is easier if you guessed wrong.
If you don't have this sticker, you can go by when you received the unit using the below table.
|V1.01.00||12/8/2021 Initial Shipment||"alt"|
Until our official app is launched, you can manually update your BLU2Pro on Android using the below tool. Please follow these steps:
- Download all four files from above. Please have a look at the version section if you haven't already. It's super helpful.
- From Google Play install nRF Device Firmware Update (Android) onto your device.
You'll now be able to connect and reconnect to the GoPro HERO11 Black/Mini. You'll notice the change in the LEDs pattern when connected.
Until our official app is launched, you can manually update your BLU2Pro on iOS using the below tool. Please follow these steps:
- Download all four files from above. You may have to confirm the download on the bottom of page if using Chrome. Please have a look at the version section if you haven't already. It's super helpful.
- From Google Play install nRF Device Firmware Update (iOS) onto your device.