Turned On Change History
Gopro HERO4 FW 5.06
- Fixed memory leak issue where leaving camera on for a long time after several record operations may cause linux-rtos instability.
- Removed MSC mode for HERO4 as it was causing a memory leak. Sorry guys, its out of our control.
- GoPro HERO4 fw. 5.04
- Suspend routine for LCD had changed in v4.00 gopro firmware. Our software was not preventing the camera from going into sleep when not active and therefore not waking up correctly. This could make a HERO4 Silver lock up or the buttons not to work if it was left inactive for a minute or so and wifi was not connected.
- GoPro HERO4 fw. 5.02
- Patch GoPro HERO4's FW to apply the fix as we would have done with the source code. We sent emails to GoPro Inc. about fixing this in their software with no response.
- Disabled checking we were doing for an external bite switch since we never have released that product.
- GoPro HERO4 fw v. 5.01
- Fix issue where camera may crash with Blue LED changing state as camera's orientation changes. Caused by bug in GoPro Software but fixed in this release.
- Fixed playback mode with blank card and time lapse mode as default will show no warning.
- Cleaned up calls to check disk space left. No longer pinging card status and just reading the internal copy. Should help with slower cards on the edge of compatibility.
- GoPro HERO5 5.00.00 support fw. 5.00
- GoPro HERO4 4.00.00
Turned On Updater version 4.24
- Added support for HERO4 version 4.00.00
Mandatory Update 3/25/2016 (Read More)
- GoPro HERO3 Turned On FW 3.12
- GoPro HERO4 Turned On FW 4.05.
Change History for GoPro HERO4
Version 0.04.13 (6/10/2016)
- Added MSC support and features
Change History for GoPro HERO3+ Black, GoPro HERO3+ Silver, and GoPro HERO3 Black
Version 00.00.03.12 (6/10/2016)
- MSC support
Change History for GoPro HERO3 Silver
Version 00.00.03.13 (7/15/2016)
- Fixed going to yellow upon powersave mode (~5minutes of idle). Now latches the same color before suspend.
Version 00.00.03.12 (3/25/2016)
- Removed charging overcurrent
Change History for Turned On App
Version 04.23 (6/10/2016)
- Added Advanced tab to allow GoPro HERO4 and HERO3+ camera lines to work in MSC mode vs. MTP mode.
- General Code Cleanup
Version 0.02.00 (3/18/2015)
- Some new GoPro's have an internal drive locked, this revision works around that issue.
- Installer now has debug messages in case something goes wrong during the install
Version 0.01.00 (3/12/2015)
- To fix a bug that would lock the camera while recording, our software only looks for Turned On when the camera is first powered on. Lock outs should no longer occur. This will revert to normal operation if GoPro Inc. correctly implements spinlock checking on GPIO accesses from linux.
- General code cleanup
Note: Splitting application from firmware updates since they are now independent.
Version 0.00.21 / Application v.0.02.00 (2/17/2015)
- Minimize calls to IO
- Bug fixes for stability and prevent lock ups when stopping timelapse video
Version: 0.00.08 Application v.0.02.00 (2/6/2015)
- Initial GoPro HERO4 v.02.00.00 Support
Version: 0.00.06 Application v.0.01.07 (1/30/2015)
- File access has been cut down, preventing lock up issue that was occurring in multiple operating modes.
- Application now resides on b drive vs. a drive to prevent missing prefs from erasing the application when not mounted correctly. This requires using the application 0.01.07 to point to the new location.
Application v.0.01.06 (1/16/2015)
- First release of PC version
Version 0.00.05 (1/13/2015)
- Fixes issue where low card space warning would occur randomly.
Application v.0.01.05 (1/13/2015)
- First public release of MAC version
- Beta release
Version 03.03 (3/18/2015)
- Changed internal zip utility since the old one was corrupting some files on PC.
- Clean ups with the firmware catalog.
- Moved final location of Turned On software since drive is now locked on some cameras
Version 03.01 (3/17/2015) - PC
- Firmware updates are now downloaded from our server vs. embedded in the program. This will allow for a faster update cycle.
- Separated from being tied to firmware history
- Fixed decompression issue on PC
Version 00.00.02.01c (3/12/2015)
- Reverted back. Contact us if you used 02.01b
Version 00.00.02.01b (3/12/2015)
- Compressed files in linux since some computers were having issues uncompressing with correct permissions.
Version 00.00.02.01 (2/17/2015)
- Initial GoPro HERO3+ Black v03.00 Support.
- Kept in support for GoPro HERO3+ v.2.00 for those that like MSC vs. MTP.
- Fixed bug with GoPro HERO3+ where automatic timer off mode was not showing warnings when time was running out.
- Boot time elongated for 64GB cards.
Version 00.00.01.26 (2/9/2015)
- Added 100ms delay to the runtime startup for slow cards. Added 300ms to start up for the install.
Version 00.00.01.25 (1/30/2015)
- In case extraneous static wakes up the GoPro, Turned On will automatically shut it down.
Version 00.00.01.24 (1/4/2015)
- First public release