HYPEYE ALPHA Status Indicator & Controller for Sony Cameras
Available in Limited Quantities April 2017
The HYPEYE Alpha is the new indicator and control system for Sony Cameras, Camcorders, and Action Cameras. Essential for professional videographers, the HYPEYE Alpha ensures you always get the shot!
- In-Your-Face Indication Keep your eyes on the action -- and finally stop worrying about your camera. HYPEYE Alpha uses a super-bright, three-color LED indicator, which shines blue for “standby/ready,” red for “record” and yellow for “warning/error/focus.”
- Simple One Button Operation Power On/Off, Record/Standby from one button.
- Built-In 2.5mm Jack Adds still camera focus and shutter release control.
- Still Image Capture Indication Add feedback to firing still photos.
- Standard Form Factor Same body as the HYPEYE D PRO.
- Hardwired No WiFi or Bluetooth gimmicks here! You're a professional. You have no time for faulty connection sequences or charging another widget.
- Sips Power No noticeable difference in battery longevity. In fact, because of the "reminder," customers will see much better battery life.
The HYPEYE Alpha is a new electronic design that leverages from earlier products. Due to the super niche nature of this product, and the cost of tooling, we can not afford full volume production. We listened to our core customers and realized they needed an indicator. Therefore we found a way to produce a low volume solution.
- Use the plastics from remaining HYPEYE D PRO inventory
- Manufacturer the Multi/Micro USB cable in house
- Produce small volume of motherboards
- Use remaining indicators from the Turned On product
When we sell out of this batch, we may be out forever!
The motherboards are almost back from our contract manufacturer and everything else is ready. We expect the first units to ship in mid April.
Reserve your unit! Pre-order your HYPEYE Alpha today.
We are happy to announce the HYPEYE Alpha in limited quantities for select cameras. Please check our compatibility list for supported cameras.
If your Sony Camera has a port labeled "MULTI", the HYPEYE Alpha will most likely work. "MICRO" labeled ports will not work.
Please contact us for any cameras we are missing or additions.
The HYPEYE Alpha comes in two orientations "Standard" and "Flipped" Be sure to order the correct geometry.
Shipping charges will incur for returns due to ordering the wrong version!
|FDR-AX33||Flipped||We may come up with a side exit version for this camera. Please specify your camera in the notes when ordering.|
|Standard or Flipped||
Standard Faces forward
Shutter release does not work with Action Cameras at this point.
Standby may not work with Hypeye Alpha's switch. You may need to manually turn the camera off.
The Fine Print
- The HYPEYE Alpha unfortunately does not indicate some previously critical errors such as no SD Card and early battery low detection. This is out of our control since there is no status from the camera about these faults. It does indicate low battery at 1%.
- It does indicates shutter release and focus. It does not indicate that the shot has actually been taken.
- Camcorders are fairly slow to capture still images. Typically 1 fps at 3 frame burst, then 5 seconds to write before next capture will take.
Hypoxic is not affiliated with Sony or Sony Alpha in anyway. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
We Also Recommend