BLU2Lite Status Indicator for GoPro Cameras
GoPro Camera indicator.
Take the guesswork out of the status of your GoPro Camera!
Stop relying on others and take control of your content creation. Know the exact status of your GoPro Camera when it's mounted on your head!
Camera in the wrong mode?
Battery or Card space running low?
We got that!
Another go around?
No more second guessing.
How does it work?
Paired over Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) the BLU2Lite regularly receives status updates from the camera and updates it's three status LED. GoPro Inc.'s BLE implementation is super reliable.
The BLU2Lite was designed to use very little power, and you will not notice a difference in battery life of your camera.†
Quick Start Video
The usage and the features of the BLU2Lite can best be understood from this quick start video.
Designed for closed face helmets
The unit securely sticks onto your visor. If you require a version for open faced helmets, please see Hypoxic's BLU2Pro Indicator.
- Intuitive & standardized indications:
• Red for record
• Green for standby
• Yellow for a warning or error
- Easy to source, inexpensive, and replaceable CR2032 battery will last most 6 months or longer.
- A slight shake or tilt wakes up the device with it's internal accelerometer. No pressing buttons on the BLU2Lite is necessary.
- Shows catastrophic failures such as no card, camera too hot, no space left, and battery depleted with a flashing yellow.
- Indicates wrong mode, battery low, card space minimal, and SD rating check‡ warnings with a flashing yellow when record or standby is active.
- Upgradable to work with future GoPro Cameras.
Firmware updates are possible to support new cameras in the future.
|GoPro HERO12 Black||GoPro HERO11 Mini|
|GoPro HERO11 Black||GoPro HERO10 Black|
|GoPro HERO9 Black||GoPro MAX|
|GoPro HERO8 Black||GoPro HERO7 Black
Not white or silver
|GoPro HERO6 Black||GoPro HERO5 Session†|
|GoPro HERO5† Black||and beyond!|
Reliability was our primary design goal. BLU2Lite units have been in test since early 2021 and have thousands of jumps and several national medals.
The multi-function button is used to control the BLU2Lite itself.
- Put the unit in a deep sleep where the accelerometer will not wake it up. This is good for traveling with your setup.
- Pair to a new camera.
- Update the unit for future firmware updates
Easy to Install
Simply affix to the inside of your visor with the included VHB tape. Suggest installing towards the bottom of the visor on most helmets. Instructions
- 1x BLU2Lite Indicator System
- 2x VHB Tape
- 1x Sticker
- 2x CR2032 Batteries
- 1x Label with FCC Compliance
- No GoPro Camera included
Dimensions and Weight
|BLU2Lite w/o Battery||4.7g||0.16oz|
|BLU2Lite w/ Battery||7.4g||0.26oz|
|Packaging||65 x 46 x 20mm||2.6 x 1.8 x 0.8 inches|
|BLU2Lite||27.8mm Dia. x 10mm||1.1" Dia. 0x38" height|
† GoPro HERO5 and HERO5 Session will see shorter battery life as Wi-Fi remains enabled. For other cameras, BLE uses minute amount of power and therefore battery life will not be changed.
‡ On the GoPro HERO10 and up non v30 speed cards will report a warning.
* When turning on the camera after 8 hours of inactivity, the Gopro Camera is in a deep sleep and a full boot occurs. Within 8 hours, the camera leaves the Bluetooth module on and is a suspended state. Therefore, it will take slightly longer to connect after 8 hours of inactivity as we need to wait for the camera to fully boot up. Additionally, some cameras are severely bogged down while recording. It may take additional time to connect if QuickCapture is used (aka One Button Mode.)
Reading the User Manual will get you well acquainted with the BLU2Lite.
This product and/or service is not affiliated with, endorsed by or in any way associated with GoPro Inc. or its products and services. GoPro, HERO, and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc.
We Also Recommend