- Find a sturdy shaft that fits inside the 2.5mm jack and can be modified. I chose a wooden Q-tip. A mixing straw or part of a Bic pen may work, but I believe they are bigger than 2.5mm.
- Test that it fits into the jack!
- Modify the wooden Q-tip like so:
- Hollow out the inside to about 1/16th of an inch. I did this by hand with a tiny drill bit.
- Chamfer the edges (sand down at an angle). This allows it to get past the few connectors that may prevent it from getting inserted all the way.
- Using a tooth pick or other sharp object, apply a tiny drop of super glue inside the hole in the Q-tip. Wipe off any and all excess glue! We do not want this to be a permanent fixture. The glue should capture just the top of the pin.
- Insert it and press firmly. Wait 1 minute for it to dry.
- Very slowly, give it an 1/8th turn and pull out.
It should look like the the above when done.
As always, HYPOXIC is not liable for this breaking your camera or having a Q-Tip as a permanent fixture of your GOPRO.