We did the boogie tour last year and going to do a shorter one this year here are some pointers:
- Get long acid handling gloves for dumping the waste
- Always were shoes when dumping. I personally only used one old pair for this. Sandles is too close to the action.
- Get a good dumping hose. It coming off is just discussing
- Get a book called "The next exit" It is a must!
- Find or print out the manuals for everything in the RV. Everything! You'll need it
- Get a strong set of wrentches and sockets
- Get a breaker bar for the lug nuts
- RV stores have a little ramp thing for changing tires so you don't have to jack up the RV get one of those.
- Check tire pressure often and then check it more often
- Have the shop ensure spare tires are full pressure when you get them
- how to service your generator if you have one. There is an adjustment for altitude on them too. Change it when in the rockies.
- An air compressor to fill up your tires is a nice thing to have.
- If you have the time, have a shop break all the bolts on the tires of your RV and then retighten them by hand. Replace worn out lug nuts.
- Triple check any type of leveling jacks are up before you leave.
- Watch for over hanging trees and branches.
- Get a real GPS and hide it when you are not in the car
That's all I can think of for right now, good luck!